ECOSEP proposes a broad full membership of Sports & Exercise Physicians, associated members particularly Medical Doctors involved, working or teaching at the sport medical field, Physios working or teaching at the sport medical field trainees in sports and exercise medicine, and scientific contributors who are those currently teaching the appropriate aspects of sport and exercise medicine from other specialties and scientific communities. ECOSEP also will welcome Medical Students who wish to specialise in this growing and important specialty.
E.CO.S.E.P welcome Medical Doctors as full Members. Registration of a new full member is possible following a written application and by decision of the ECOSEP Membersip Committee and the Chairman, and provided the following conditions are met:
Full Members must have :
- Received Academic training in Sports & Exercise Medicine at a Medical university in an EU Member State Diploma or MSc in Sports & Exercise Medicine,specialty
- Academic title Msc in Sports & Exercise Medicine from a Medical University
- Trained in the SEM specialty
All E.C.O.S.E.P. members must practice the profession of Sports & Exercise Medicine.
All full ECOSEP members:
- Can vote
- Can be elected to participate at the various ECOSEP committees
- Can be involved in the decision making issues of SEM Profession
- 140€ /annually
- All Medical doctors involved ,working or teaching at the sport medical field,
- Physios working or teaching at the sport medical field and
- Trainees in Sports & Exercise Medicine,
- 80€ /annually
Sudents Membership : based upon presentation of the curriculum vitae – 60€/annualy
Outgoing members shall be refunded the fee in the event that it has not been used to cover losses suffered by the corporation.
- All full ECOSEP members can be elected to participate at the various ECOSEP committees.
- Members benefit of reduced entrance fee to the biannual ECOSEP Congresses and ECOSEP courses
- Members receive the ECOSEP Newsletter and a diploma certifying their membership
- All Full and Associated ECOSEP members have the right to apply to be elected for the annual ECOSEP Traveling Fellowship
- To improve and empower sports physicians communication and bring them together
- To enhance establishment of the sports medicine specialty in all EU Member States
- To improve Public health through exercise
- To facilitate the Creation of post-graduate programmes and courses providing continuing professional development in SEM to sports physicians
- To provide a focus for the sport medicine profession and all those in the sports medicine field
- To enhance solutions for sports physicians, athletes and public health