26 Apr Mr Dimosthenis Alaseirlis – Biography
Mr Dimosthenis Alaseirlis
First Name : Dimosthenis
Last Name : Alaseirlis
Age : 47
Current Position:Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery,
General Hospital of Giannitsa, Greece (since 3/2007)
1) Head-Team Phycisian of the “Iraklis” Spors Club, Thessaloniki, Greece.
2) Contributor at the SEGAS National Centre of Sports and Exercise Medicine, Thessaloniki, Greece.
3) Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the Sports Injuries Unit of St Paul’s Hospital – Thessaloniki – Greece (covered Senior Surgeon’s absence, between 21/3/2012 to 21/9/2012).
4) Supervisor of the Scientific and Educational Program of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery of the General Hospital of Serres, since 1/10/2010.
5) Scientific Contributor at the 3rd Department of Orthopaedic Surgery of the Aristotle’s Univeristy of Thessaloniki- Greece (6/2004 to 6/2006).
6) Scientific Contributor at the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery of the “Hippocrates” General Hospital of Thessaloniki- Greece (11/2006 to 3/2007).
7) Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the “Nuffields” Hospital – Cheltenham – United Kingdom during 2005.
8) Private Practice between August 2004 and March 2007.
Fields of Interest: – Surgical and Conservative Treatment of Sports Injuries.
– Arthroscopic and Reconstructive Surgery of the Shoulder, Elbow, Hip, Knee and Ankle joints.
Post- Doctoral Fellowship (5/03 to 5/04): Department of Orthopaedic Surgery,Division of Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, USA (under Prof. Freddie H Fu).
Thesis:“Congenital Deformities of the Lower Limbs”, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Ioannina, Greece.
Authorship in Book Chapters:
1) Chapter “Allografts in PCL Reconstruction” (p. 525 -528)
2) Chapter “Meniscus Allograft Transplantation” (p. 313-320). In the Book: “Sports Injuries. Prevention, Diagnosis, Treatment and Rehabilitation”, Editor: M. Doral, Springer, Copyright: 2012.
3) Chapter “Forearm Malunions” In the Book: “Difficult Problems and Complications at the Forearm- FESSH 2012- Instructional Course Book”, Chapter: “Forearm Malunions”, pages 123-127, in Editors: L De Smet, F Schuind, Copyright 2012.
Publications: Pubmed Index: 5 . No-Pubmed index: 2
Lectures in International and Greek Congresses – Symposiums: 61 (14/47)
Scientific Announcements in International and Greek Congresses – Symposiums:97 (38/59)
Membership: Hellenic Association of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology, Hellenic Association of Sports Medicine, General Medical Council (GMC- United Kingdom).
Membership in Organizing Committees: 5
Congresses Sessions – President: 8
Noticeable Surgical Techniques (Documented by official scientific announcements – articles:
1) Double-bundle ACL reconstruction (first time in Greece- October 2004).
2) Arthroscopic treatment of painful scapulothoracic joint (first time in Greece – August 2005).
3) Physeal sparing ACL reconstruction in skeletally immature patients (first time in Northern Greece – November 2004).
4) Unicompartmental Knee Reconstruction (first time in Northern Greece – January 2005). 5) Arthroscopic treatment of chronic patellar tendinopathy – published in Muscles, Ligaments and Tendons Journal 2012; 2(4): 267-272 (never before announced in Greece).